Thursday, March 03, 2016

Fwd: 302 Newsletter February 29, 2016

Dear Families,


The Valentine Party was perfect. I always love seeing the dedication and personalization students put into their cards. It's a perfect way to use the writing skills we're trying to teach. Thank you to all who sent snacks and things.


Here are some other updates:


Traveling Farm Volunteer

We have a group called Traveling Farm coming on Monday, March 7. In order to receive the Traveling Farm at no cost, one of the requirements is that we provide the volunteers. Each class is asked to provide one. So if you are willing and able, please send me your contact information so I can tell Mrs. Evans. For more information, see the attached letter.


On Monday March 7th the volunteer(s) will need to be here from 8:45-11:15.

Picture Day

Class picture day is March 4. I've been asked to "send out a friendly reminder [for students] not to wear Green or Solid white on Picture Day….wearing Green on a Green Screen makes you invisible". This will be our class picture, but I think they can do individual ones as well.


Book Orders

I have not been able to send out paper book orders. But our class site is still available. Go to https://clubs2.scholastic.com and use our Class Activation Code:HJHTW. You can pay online. Scholastic will notify me when the order is ready and I will submit it for you.


Class Contact Reminder

If you would like to see contact information for the families in our class, as well as add your own, remember the link I set up at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wg-RFuIvnBdvAxomlVSVPCrk2-ZdKyYNwDN53L8U65Q/edit?usp=sharing. This is voluntary, but I thought it might be useful.



Finally, I hope families will be able to join us at school on Thursday evening for our Literacy Night. The sheet we sent home today has all the details. I think it will be fun for all, and a night well spent.


As always, let me know if you have questions.

Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Search