Room 302
Newsletter 10/25/15
Dear Families,
I hope things are going well. Here are 3 things I need to share with you:
Our Halloween party will be this Friday, October 30, from 9:05-9:50. Students may wear their costumes to school. Costumes must be school appropriate: no weapons, etc. We'll read a book, make a snack, and do a game or craft. Please go to here to sign up online for something you can send for the party. (Sorry for the short notice.) We have PE at 10, so we'll change back into our regular clothes before then. As always, please no peanuts.
Conferences will be November 19, 20, 23 and 24. Last Friday our staff met to plan times so that sibling conferences would be consecutive. We also tried to accommodate the times indicated on the orange sheets we sent home earlier (although I did get one without a name on it--sorry). Today I sent home the blue half-sheet with your time. Please let me know ASAP if that time doesn't work so we can find one that does work.
I try for conferences to be about 20 minutes. That way I don't go over and mess up the times for all the people that follow. (And I don't mess up the times for all the teachers waiting for the parents who come to them after me.) Please bring the students to the conferences with you. They will be the ones sharing their work. It's a great chance for them to demonstrate their learning.
Google Drive is now an option for every third grader. We've given each of them an account, and they all got a chance to start using it today. We are currently using it to write Animal Reports. Students can access this anywhere that has internet.
The log-in name is their school log-in, with "@paleblue.in" at the end. The password is their school number, followed by the first initial. For example, imaginary student Bill Smith might use 25bsmith@paleblue.in for his log-in and 0619898b.
As always, please let me know if you have questions about any of this.
Jeff
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.