Newsletter 6 2014-2015 10/27/2014
Dear Families,
We have had lots going on. I appreciate all the help to make it work on both ends.
Homework
I hope the new homework is going well. Please help them to remember to fill out the sheet every day, whether they do something or not. I’ve heard that many of them enjoy doing Khan Academy, but I realize not everyone has access. That’s fine. They should use the “comments” section to explain the math they did instead. As in all their writing, I expect them to double-check for spelling, capitals, and punctuation.
Halloween
Our class is celebrating Halloween on the morning of Friday, October 31st. (9:15-10:30) Students may come to school in their Halloween costumes. (Please, no blood and gore, nor toy weapons.) Have them bring regular clothes to change into after our party because they have PE and will need to be able to move freely.
We’ll read a book, make a snack, play a game, and make a craft. If you’re able to send in a snack, please let me know. I’d love some healthy choices, such as carrots and celery. We can also use cups and plates.
Please remember that we cannot have food with peanuts, or made in a place that uses peanuts. I’ve mentioned that before, but we’ve had several such snacks sent in recently, so I thought a reminder would be good.
If you want to join us for the celebration, we’d love your help. If you’ve filled out volunteer forms, the office should be able to tell you whether or not those have cleared.
Book Orders
Thanks to Mrs. Andrade, we have started sending out book orders. I have urged the students to use the book orders to not only buy books from Scholastic, but to also use them to help find books at the library.
Students currently keep a reading log showing what they’ve already read. Another thing readers do is think about the next book they want to read. The book orders can help them with this.
Art
We plan to make realistic drawings of pumpkins this Wednesday. If you have any uncarved pumpkins at home, please send them in with your child on Tuesday or Wednesday (if they aren’t too big to carry!)
Please email or call if you have any questions.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.