Newsletter 2 9/28/2010
Dear Families,
Things are going great, and I hope you're hearing good things at home. I expect some of the students are coming home tired, as they're working hard all day, every day.
Parent Meeting/Open House
Tuesday, September 28, from 6:30-7:30, will be your chance to come and visit our school. Plan to meet first in the gym. From there, adults will be sent to classrooms to meet with teachers while kids stay and listen to Jim Valley (http://www.rainbowplanet.com/), who is a regular favorite here at Black Diamond. The meetings will last about 30 minutes, after which you can collect your kids from the gym and spend some time looking around. We hope to see you here.
Classroom Visits and Volunteering
I welcome visits and volunteers, any time, no need to call first if you want to drop by. If you want to help on a regular basis, that would be great. There will be a volunteer sign-up sheet at parent night, on September 28, or just send me an email if you have a specific day or time and we'll make it work. If you think you'd like to be in the classroom—or in any way be with the students here or on a field trip—please make sure you have all the volunteer forms and paperwork filled out. Those are available in the office, and I'll have some at parent night, too. If you filled out forms last year, we still need you to do it again (although I think we need fewer the second time).
Snack and Birthdays
Thanks to those who have sent snack so far. We will always celebrate birthdays (unless asked not to do so) and sending in treats for the class is always an option. Please be aware that we have a mild peanut allergy in class, so if there are options that don't include peanuts, we'd appreciate it.
Email List
I'll use email to send information throughout the year. If you have not done so, please email me so I can add you to the list.
Music and P.E. and Library
We have library on Thursdays this year. We have physical education on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and music on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Please help the students remember library books, and appropriate footwear for physical education.
Questions?
Please let me know right away if you have questions or concerns. The parent meeting will be more for general questions, and I'm happy to take questions about your child any time.
Sincerely,
Jeff
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.