Thursday, September 22, 2005

Newsletter 4

Room 302—Newsletter 4 September 22, 2005 Dear Families, Our Curriculum Night / Open House is tonight. We’ll meet first in the gym at 6:30, and then come to the room, where I’ll talk about what I do and why. I hope to see you. In other news…. In reading…. Look for a checklist in each book box. Those are to help students remember the reading expectations. Right now we’re working on having books we can read, reading quietly, and reading fluently. In writing…. We finished our wall story, I Like. Look for it hanging up in front of the windows. We’re also still working on routines, like starting with the date each time before we write. It’s something you can look for in your child’s journal tonight. In math…. We’ve been doing patterns. This is so important, since math is all based on patterns. Perhaps during the Open House your student could share and explain a pattern he or she made. New…. Art Project We’re collecting empty cereal boxes for an art project. We need them by next Thursday. We’ll be using the cardboard inside, so they have to be blank. Counselor Our class will have the chance to meet with our counselor once a week beginning September 27. This will be 30 minutes on Tuesdays, right before library. Which reminds me, bringing library books back on Tuesdays is another one of those routines they still need help with. Field Trip As I told the students, we do plan to to see a play in May. I’ll have a chaperone sign-up tonight, and I’ll send more info. when we get closer. Some things worth repeating…. Snacks If you plan to bring in something for a birthday treat, please give me some notice so we can plan the best day and time. Volunteers I welcome volunteers in the classroom, and hope to start soon. If you’re interested, let me know. You can also sign up tonight. I have a sign-up sheet with times that I need people, and I’ll also have the necessary (ESD required) forms for you to get when you come tonight. Email List I have eleven families on my list so far. If you wrote to me and didn’t hear back, please write again. I’ll respond to your message if I get it. If you’d like to be on the list, please send me an email. Include your name and your child’s name so I can identify you. Classroom Visits Any time you’d like to visit, you’re welcome to do so. Just make sure to stop in at the office to sign in and get a Visitor sticker. Sincerely, Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Search